Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Recipes

I am finally posting the fruit tart recipe. I am also posting the recipe for Hamburger Helper Lasagna that I promised to post for my friend Leslie, sorry it took so long Les.

Hamburger Helper Lasagna soup
2 cans stewed tomatoes, cut up
5 cups water
1 lb. hamburger browned and drained
1 can corn undrained
Boil and cook for at least 20 minutes, sometimes the longer the better.
Add contents of Hamburger Helper Lasagna box (noodles and sauce) simmer until noodles are tender.
We love this recipe because 1. it is so easy 2. it takes only a few ingredients and 3. it is delicious.
Of course we always sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Also for those people like me that hate hmburger helper, this is not the same thing. It is a soup.
White Chocolate Fruit Tart (pictured in an earlier post)
¾ cup butter, softened
½ cup confectioners’ sugar
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
Filling:
10 oz. white chocolate chips, melted
¼ cup whipping cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can pineapple chunks, undrained
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and slices
Glaze:
3 T. sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
½ tsp. lemon juice
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Gradually add flour; mix well. Press into an ungreased 11-in. tart pan or 12-in. pizza pan with sides. Bake at 300 for 25-30 min. or until lightly browned. Cool. In a mixing bowl, beat chips and cream. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread over crust. Chill for 30 minutes. Drain pineapple, reserving ½ cup juice, set juice aside. Arrange fruit over filling. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Cool; brush over fruit. Chill 1 hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator. Yield 12-16 servings.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I always love new recipes! Anyway, are you loving Costco? I wish they would have done it in Idaho Falls. I'm so sad about it. My mom got Hailee's dress there, and I always have her look at Christmas time as well. They have the best things. I just need to make a monthly trip to Costco because I love it there so much:) Your kids are still cute as ever!

Leslie and Jaron said...

Yummy! Thanks Maja! Now I know what I will be making for dinner next week!! I'm excited. I love your new smile and slightly black nose. you look tough! and pretty!! what is AAO? Love you!! and thanks for the recipe!