Friday, April 24, 2009

Broken Nose and Braces

Normally I am not at all comfortable with posting a big picture of my self on our blog, but today is an exception. I convinced Jeff to take my braces off. He was a little hesitant because they weren't perfect yet. I was very happy with near perfect and wanted them off before we went to the AAO. So here is my new smile. My orthodontist rocks!
You might also notice that my title included something about a broken nose? Well I did break my nose on Monday at my adult tumbling class. I was doing a round off back hand spring on the trampline. It didn't go well and I fell back. I took the fall good, but my knee recoiled off the tramp and into my nose. Ouch! I heard a crack, felt the blood oozing out of the top of my nose, and felt the pain. It was mostly embarrasing, I had done the trick right about 10 times before that. I also get a little queesy around blood especially my own. After I got home and iced it for a few hours I felt fine. It is tender to the touch and I get headaches, but other than that I am doing great. I even played in my 2 soccer games this week and kept up with my running. It is too bad my nose is bruised and I have a nice scratch on the top.


10 comments:

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

HOT MAMA!!

Joanie said...

Soccer, tumbling, running... How do you do all that with three kids?

Shuldberg Family said...

Ouch! It makes me hurt just thinking about it.

Shuldberg Family said...

Oh, sorry - of course the teeth look great!

Maja said...

To answer Joanie's question the kids go with me to tumbling and play around. Bonus they get exercise too. The running is done in the wee hours of the morning, and soccer is in the evening when Jeff is off work. It is a short season, only 4-weeks, so it is fine.

The Eight Family said...

Nice - can't wait for the black eyes!!

Kelli said...

Good news, bad news, huh? The teeth look so great! I guess the silver lining could be that at least the knee hit the nose and not those brand-new pearly whites!

Vicki said...

Just the thought of doing adult tumbling makes me feel like more than my nose is broken...

Your teeth look great -- I bet not too many people get to convince their orthodontist that the braces can come off early :)

MegT said...

Congrats on the teeth!Your easter outfits were cute. Where is AAO this year? We are hopefully heading to Boston this fall!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Oh my gosh! I love your bright, white teeth! Do they feel all slimy?! So sorry about your nose! You're crazy, doing all that stuff! I love it; you're a great example for me! Miss you!
xoxo