Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Island Park

We had a great trip to Island Park with our dental school friends, The Thunells, over Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. We had to snowmobile in to a freezing cold cabin. Inside it was about 40 degrees when we got there. We turned everything on and played outside as long as we could. I watched the temperatures slowly rise and tried to keep the kids warm. Of course Taylor didn't want to be covered up or wear her gloves. She is so independant. Her hands were so cold! I used Dora as a tool to have her sit on my lap and try and keep her warm. By the time we went to bed about 10 hours later it was about 65 degrees in there. It felt great the next morning. The Thunells didn't get to the cabin until late on Friday night. So they had to snowmobile in in the dark with their 2 month old baby. It was so brave of them. We had a great weekend of snowmobiling, sledding, eating, and playing wii. The kids loved playing together and riding in the sled behind the snowmobile. When we got back to our car to load up and go home we had a flat tire on the tahoe. What is it with Island park and flats. The last time we were up last summer we got 3 flat tires. It was a great trip. Thanks Thunells.



























Ryan and Kaylee trying to stay warm. Ryan actually tolerated Kaylee sleeping in the smae bed as him that night because he said he was going to steal her body heat. What a nice brother.


Taylor is mad because I was making her sit by the fire.














6 comments:

rachel said...

So fun! It looks like you guys had a blast! How great is it that you got to hang out with the Thunells again!

The Eight Family said...

That looks way fun, cold cabin and all. We have had sickness here for almost 2 weeks straight and I am about ready to pull my hair out. So, thanks for reminding me that there is fun to be had out there. Have fun on your cruise - we are so jealous!!! Have some sausage for us. :)

Vicki said...

Wow - what a great way to spend the long weekend. It is a fun to get a peak at the Thunell kids. Haven't seen them in ages.

Joanie said...

Maja- Tell me about the Pocatello triathlon. Is it considered easy or hard? Is it uphill? Email me: poanster@yahoo.com. Thanks!

MegT said...

I can't believe you had a flat! I'm glad it wasn't us...I would have had a heart attack. Thanks again, it was so much fun!Ethan keeps talking about it.

Hillary said...

I'm so glad things finally warmed up for you guys. It's so fun to connect with friends from dental school,what a great time.