Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Steeler Nation

Okay, in honor of the Steelers going to the super Bowl I will take us back to 2006 when the Steelers won the super Bowl. We were living in Pittsburgh at the time and enjoyed every minute of the hype and excitement! We only wish we were closer to enjoy it again. We will just have to be there in spirit! Go Steelers!

Here is Ryan with his Terrible Towel. The kids loved to get them out for the games. Notice the TV on with news coverage about the Steelers. That was the only thing that got annoying, was the constant coverage. I had no idea there could be so many angles taken, and stories brought forward about the game and players. I was glad when the news got back to reporting the usual shootings, murders, and house fires. (Sorry for those that haven't lived there, for those that have you are probably smiling)



Hines Ward, MVP, and winning smile
Stefanie Lambert and I went to the Super Bowl Champions parade for the Steelers. It was so cold! we got there early to stake out our front row spots. We fought the crowds and drug our four children out. We were in perfect position to see, but that was not to last. The people just kept creeping farther and farther out into the street. They didn't care that they were crowding in front of little kids. Stefanie and I were mad, but what could we do. We didn't want to be a side note on the news about a shooting or stabbing at the parade. I did get some good pictures by holding my camera up above the crowd.

Big Ben



Chris Hoke, He was in our ward for a little while, nice guy, played at BYU.



Bill Cower and his family.



Emma, Ellie, and Stefanie Lambert (before the mass of people arrived)





Kaylee, Emma, and Ellie







Ellie & Kyle Lambert
We also went to the pep rally a few days before the big game. It was really fun, I am so glad that we went even if it seemed a little cheesy. We weren't the only ones, the stands were about half full.






Stefanie & Kevin at the rally









Here we are rallying!?









Heinz Field




Here is Jerome Bettis, holding the championship trophy. It was fun to be a part of it all and we look forward to 2 weeks from Sunday. Can't wait to watch the Steelers do it again!

















7 comments:

Stefanie said...

We are totally wishing we were there to celebrate too. I at least wished we had some major Steeler fans like your fam to have a superbowl party with.

Stefanie said...

Ahh the memories. Wish we were in Pitt again this year

Joanie said...

I was thinking of running the Teton Dam half marathon, but heard you can't use headphones or music devices so I don't think I can handle that. I might do the Top of Utah in August. And the sprint triathlon at Rigby Lake, although I'm really nervous about how cold the water will be in May. Which ones did you do? Are you planning on doing more?

Brooke said...

Hey Maja, quick question for you. Was Jeff in Idaho Falls today? I could have sworn I saw a guy that looked just like him at Red Robin. Have a good one.

Brooke said...

I am glad I didn't go up and say hi then. You know how you recognize someone when they are with their family, but once they are by themselves, it is a little bit more difficult. We should get together and do dinner sometime. How often do you guys come to Idaho Falls? It would be fun. Have a good one.

Hillary said...

Those pictures are awesome! What a great time we had in good old Pittsburgh. We will definately have to plan a trip back there for a game and a trip to trax farms.

MegT said...

Oh, the house fires. Miss those.