Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spray Tan

In Preparation for our upcoming cruise I thought It would be a good idea to get a tan. For those that have been around me in the winter know how scary white I get. So you are all nodding your heads, saying yeah great idea. Save the eyesight of your fellow cruise passengers from blinding glare off of your body. Okay one problem with the conventional tanning beds. I have had a few moles removed that were precancerous so I can't go tanning (well I can I just choose not to). Anyways so I figured I would try out the spray tan. I was really scared of the spray booth( anyone remember Ross's spray tan on friends?) so I decided to be airbrushed by a live expert. I asked a lot of questions to the receptionist on what to wear or not to wear ect. She said people even go completely naked, but that she won't spray men in the newd. I thought how very thoughtful of her. I decided to give it a trial run before the cruise since it doesn't last more than a week. Last Friday Jeff went and spent his 7 minutes in the tanning bed(he got a little red) and I spent my 10 minutes getting misted with an airbrush tan. The woman who sprayed me warned me not to panic about the result the first day. She said it would look bad and may even look green around the neck. It was a good thing that I didn't need to go anywhere but night skiing the rest of the day. The actual tan was painless, if you don't count standing in your skivies in a cold room being misted by cold sray tan that smelled sweet and felt sticky. I was informed that the spray tan contained sugar beets, who knew?
Okay I am sure you want me to get to the point. Well I looked like a Hawaiian Tropic girl, minus the bikini and hot body. I had never been that tan in my whole life. I got home and got in front of the mirror and just laughed my head off. I invited Jeff to come and get a laugh. He didn't disappoint! Later that day he was asking me a question and he couldn't look at me without laughing. I am sorry that we don't have pictures. maybe next time I will have Jeff take a picture so that everyone can have a good laugh.
After that spray tan you can't shower or bathe for at least 8 hours so I had to wait until the next morning. Thankfully the ugliness washed down the drain and I was left with a normal looking tan that I will be proud to show off on the cruise.

12 comments:

Brooke said...

I have always wanted to do the spray tan thing myself. I am unable to use tanning beds myself, actually I am with you.. I choose not to use tanning beds after having melanoma. I'm glad it was successful, and that you got a good tan out of it. I might go do it now to help out with being so white. So where are you going on your cruise? That sounds like a lot of fun. Have so much fun! Are you leaving the kids? Anyway, I will talk to you later.

Vicki said...

Yes... You definitely need to get pictures of the first day and then after the shower... so we can see the whole process :)

Denna said...

I'm picturing Umpa-Lumpa...am I close? Tell me about your cruise! Where and when are you going? We were supposed to go on one Feb. 9th, but that's a long story! Love your Christmas pictures!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

That is possibly the funniest thing I've heard all day! I really wish you had pictures! You'd better not disappoint next time!

The Eight Family said...

Pictures would be great - you can't tell a story like that and not illustrate!! (please include clothes!)

maynardmoments said...

HAHAHAHA Oh man, you crack me up. You HAVE to put pictures on a post like that. Have a great time on the cruise!!

Janelle said...

You really do need to post pictures because no one can truly appreciate the story without seeing the beauty. Remember I was laughing with you not at you!!

Tish said...

i just watched that friends yesterday! how hilarious!

Stefanie said...

I expect some bikini pics. to fully appreciate your story. At least you and Jeff will be looking sexy on your cruise, wish we were going!

Shuldberg Family said...

That's hilarious!

Kelli said...

Yes, I second everyone else! We will need pictures next time!

rachel said...

haha! That is really funny. Next time, you have to show pics! Have so much fun on that cruise!