Thursday, October 29, 2009

Carving pumpkins

For Family Home evening this week we carved pumpkins. Since I was feeling a budget crunch from our recent trip to Hawaii we decided to do a boys pumkin and a girls pumpkin. The boys did a great Steelers logo and the girls did a princess pumpkin.
Ryan took this picture of us. Not too bad except for cutting off my head.




This is a repeat picture. Does anyone know how to delete a picture once you post it? I can't seem to figure it out. Kaylee asked me what we had to clean out of the pumpkin and I told her the "Pumpkin guts". For the rest of the evening the favorite word was "guts". The girls didn't want to touch the guts though. Kaylee thought they smelled bad.

4 comments:

maynardmoments said...

Fun pumpkins! We never got to carve ours this year. The snow came too fast, and they froze. Dang.

Myra said...

How fun! Some of our friends carved pumpkins and put them on their porch. The squirrels have eaten most of them! I enjoyed looking at all your pictures! Cute!

Huffstuff said...

I love carving pumpkins. Not really, but I love it because the kids do. I like your boy/girl idea, may have to steel that one this year, esp since Dan is on call this weekend and I have not even purchased the pumpkins yet. Happy Halloween!

The Eight Family said...

Cute pix!

BTW - to delete a picture, just go into edit HTML and find the picture it is and select the whole thing and cut it or delete it off of the HTML code.