Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day Four Coronado Island

This was by far my favorite day on our trip. I am trying to hold on to the memory of the sun on my face and skin as long as I can. I am trying to make it through this winter without a major meltdown about the loonnnggg Idaho winters. Thank goodness for San Diego. I think I might make it. The kids loved the beach too! They played in the sand and water for hours. The only problem we encountered was when Taylor had to go to the potty. Ryan and I and Tay set off to find one. About a half hour later we still hadn't made it. We were probably a mile from the potty. By the time we got back to our towels Jeff and Kaylee were no where to be seen. What we did see were seagulls eating our apples. We scared them away and shook of their sandy footprints from our towels.
We called Jeff and of course Kaylee had to go potty. He was wondering how much farther he had to go. Ha Ha just keep walking. We decided at that point that maybe we should get some lunch so I took the kids and we met him for a Panera Bread lunch and yummy frozen Yogurt for dessert. The yogurt was my favorite food on the trip. They had about 8 different flavors, we tried Banana, Raspberry, Hershey kiss, oreo, and vanilla. After you get your yogurt you get to put whatever toppings on it you want. I filled mine up with fresh fruit. Then to figure out the cost of the treats, you weigh it. It was great!

They tried to all work together on a sandcastle, but it didn't go so well. Too many bosses wanting to fill the bucket, pat the sand, dump the bucket, or be in charge.






2 comments:

The Eight Family said...

So fun. You'll have to fill us in on where that is! Looks like you had perfect weather too!

Stefanie said...

Your pictures are looking awesome, not just the beautiful scenery but I mean photography wise. Miss you guys, especially when I want to be on vacation with your family.