Monday, September 28, 2009

Message on a truck!

I have been going through a lot lately and I am feeling a little down today. Normally I don't post things that are too personal on our blog, but I really wanted to share this. So back to feeling down....I was driving home on the freeway really feeling sorry for myself. I don't know about anyone else, but when I get down sometimes things seem to spiral out of control. So as I was driving and working into this downward spiral I was passed by a dump truck. I noticed on the back of the truck that there were some words. At first I couldn't make them out, but as it got farther away I read: "too blessed to feel stressed." For some reason those words touched my heart and it really helped pull me out of my depression today. I am so thankful for someone who decided to paint that on their truck because it really helped me today!

8 comments:

Stefanie said...

My first thought was, I wish I was there to hang out because I could seriously use some friends. By the way, I left a comment on your family reunion post then realized you'll probably never see it because it's like 3 posts down.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Good for you for pulling yourself out of your funk. I wish I were there to cheer you up! We could go get some ice cream and drown/freeze our sorrows away!

Hillary said...

Sorry your feeling down but I'm sure happy that garbage truck drove by to cheer you up. That's kind of a funny place for a comment like that to be but glad it was there. Hope today is better.

Lisa Love said...

The Lord moves in mysterious ways. Maybe He knew you would be touched by the thought on the garbage truck because of the sheer strangeness that it was there in the first place1 :) Just think about those great times we had with that one boss we shared and you will be cheered up just realizing you don't have to be there any longer! :) Good times!!

Team Serra said...

Stinky that you felt like that! Cool story though. Do you need me to watch the kiddos or something?

Brooke said...

That was a cool story you shared. It is normal to feel a little down occasionally. I hope everything is going well with you. Thanks again for sharing.

maynardmoments said...

That is great that you found that saying. Sometimes all it takes is a little reminder. I hope you are having a better day today. Your blog background is really cute!

Huffstuff said...

Sorry you had been feeling down. I am a good listener if you ever need to talk. I love seeing little messages like that. They seem to be at the right moments.