Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend.

So I am once again playing catch up. For the fourth we took the kids and went to Island Park. We packed plenty of bug repelant, (boy did we need it), and I forgot sweatshirts for the kids. We really could have used those. Oh well we survived. The first day we went on a 4-wheeler ride. The next day we went to Yellowstone Park and ended up in West yellowstone for the 4th of July parade then dinner at our favorite pizza place. It was a great weekend. We love how well our kids travel and how much we love being active and outdoors together.


Lunch on the 4-wheelers, what a great picnic place.


It was a little chilly. Luckily I had packed long sleeve shirts and pants. Of Course I didn't forget my sweatshirt. I don't go anywhere without one.


Over looking Henry's Lake.



Everything was so green and all of the flowers were in bloom. It was magnificent! The kids were tired of posing in the different flower patches.
Usually these flowers bloom in Late May early June.


Tay was holding my hat and glasses for me. She loves her licorice.





Roasting Smores at Grandma & Grandpa's fire pit.

Warning: these next pictures are way cheesy!!! We did refrain from stripping down and dancing naked in the flowers. Jeff thought that would make a great picture! Oh and speaking of Jeff he is going to be a little annoyed at me posting these to our blog.

We just felt like dancing in the meadow.



Classic flower sniffing picture.



Classic mom kissing baby picture, I mean mom kissing 2 year old picture. Taylor thought it was funny.



Tower falls hike. The water was so high that the trail is washed out and you can no longer hike to the falls. We did enjoy our little walk. We made it just in time before the rain started. We also enjoyed ice cream cones after. Ice cream is a great motivator for tired little hikers.


I finally broke down and paid way too much for these sweatshirts for the girls in West yellowstone. They were so proud to be matching.


Getting ready for the parade. The most exciting part was watching the 2 Asian ladies next to us. They kept running out in the middle of the street to pose in front of the horses. One of the cowboys was laughing and saying Hey Lady you might want to move. She was close enough to touch the horse. They also got the biggest kick out of catching the candy. They ran out and took it, racing the little kids. They were probably in their 40's. It must have been their first parade.
It was a great holiday!

3 comments:

Hillary said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. I especially LOVE the picture of Jeff dancing in the flowers....can't wait to show Joel he'll get a kick out of it. Glad you guys are enjoying your summer.

Huffstuff said...

Tell Jeff not to feel corney for the wild flower shot. I have a great one of Dan, up in the Uintah Mtns. laying on his side in a patch of red wildflowers. Though I never posted it. (it was pre blog days) Looks like you had fun, we love IP, and havn't gone yet this summer. I love the picture of you and Tay though.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Oh my gosh! That is a great blackmail picture of Jeff! It's a great little pirroet (sp?). I love it! Cute pictures!