Monday, July 6, 2009

Lake Powell Days 3-4 (lots of pictures)

The days at Lake Powell are filled with water, sun, water, fun, and more water. It is also a time for messy hair and dirty people. Nothing like not showering for a week. Well if you don't count the lake baths. We had beautiful weather most of the time and enjoyed putting hours on the boat.Taylor along for the ride.
Ryan got really good at getting right up on the wake board.

Boat time in the afternoon meant sleepy time. Notice Taylor sucking her thumb under the hat. The only bad part about the naps is that when everyone was done boating the kids were still napping so we would cover them up as best we could and leave them on the boat. I usually stayed with them and got some reading in.


Tubing fun. Whenever Taylor and Kaylee were on it was a nice slow ride.



Jeff surfing. This is my favorite thing to do. Jeff didn't get any pictures of me doing it, but I really improved while we were there.


Here is Seth Scott surfing. Notice how high the wave is. We got it really big when everyone was on the back of the boat.

Knee boarding with the girls. I am on the left with Kaylee and Jeff is on with Taylor. Jeff never did get pulled up to his knees so he had to keep holding up his swim suit so that he didn't lose it. When Jeff and Taylor fell off I told Kaylee that we had to let go. I told her at the count of 3 to let go of the rope. I let go at three and tried to pry her off. I didn't get her off and she kept hold of the rope and the boat dragged her for a while. Needless to say we couldn't convince her to do it again.


Taylor modeling her visor that she made. We had some fun crafts to keep the kids busy.



Kaylee showing off her visor and her painted nails that Tara did.



Our beautiful new boat.



Ryan and Makenna giving high five on the knee boards.

Jeff wake boarding.


Me skiing. The wake on our boat is very steep and hard for me. It made me nervous every time. I am a novice skiier, but now that we have a boat I hope to get a lot better.


Jeff getting Ryan ready to ski.


3 comments:

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

That looks like SO much fun! What a beautiful boat too! I can't believe how big all the kids are getting. Miss you guys!

Huffstuff said...

So fun! One of these days we will have to get our family down to Powell, I have NEVER been :( sad life I have I know. Love the new boat too!

The Scott's said...

Great Blog! Thank you so much for taking us along for the awesome trip! Can we please go again next week?