Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Official boat owners

Well it is official we are boat owners. We took the first non rainy night and went out to American Falls with our friend John Misner and his son Jayden. His wife Brooke was at a baby shower so she missed out on our fun. We also took our niece Taryn with us. The kids love going out on the boat and it makes us really excited to go to Lake Powell.
On a side note I have been messing around with photo shop so I thought I would post some pictures to see what people think. Remember go easy I am a beginner. Also if anyone has any tips for me please share I really just know the basics. Thanks Joanie for the tutoring so now I can say I know one or 2 things.














When we got to the Reservoir it was absolutely beasutiful with water like glass. By the time we left it was windy and we had some big waves. After all the slow rides on the tube with the little kids and the old Mom, Ryan wanted to take a crazy ride. Because he is so lightweight he was actually flying and the tube was no longer on the water. I thought a few times that we lost him because I could only see the bottom of the tube. Then it would come back down and he would be holding on. I wish I could have gotten pictures, but there was too much water splashing around to have our camera out. Ryan is such a daredevil.













9 comments:

Stefanie said...

A boat! That is awesome! Your will have so much fun and make great memories for the kids. I can't believe how brave Ryan is. He looks so cute on the kneeboard. There are tons of lakes around here if you ever want to come test them out.

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

so fun!!! and the pictures look great!

Stefanie said...

Jeff looks like he's concentrating pretty hard on the new 'girl' in his life and making sure everything is perfect. Reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw once: "The more I learn about women, the more I like my boat!" Careful Maja, I see wondering eyes!

Brooke said...

I have great memories as a child growing up with a boat. It was great family time. Your kids are probably loving life. The pictures look great.

Kristen Campbell said...

I'm so excited about your boat! Have so much fun at Lake Powell and think of me lots while you're there. (And I loved your comment on facebook about missing your mother-in-law at Lake Powell because I think that same thing when we pack for camping!)

Team Serra said...

This makes me more anxious to get over to Poky already! When do you go to Powell??

Joanie said...

So, when are you going to invite us boating? Good job with the pictures! It looks like you had fun.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Your boat looks awesome! And once again, I'm jealous that everyone gets to see you guys and eachother, but us!!! I can't get over how big Ryan and Kaylee are!

MegT said...

Congratulations! You guys are definitely a boating family. Me....I worry! You're surprised, aren't you.