Thursday, June 11, 2009

He had a good day

We thought that Ryan was going to miss getting the sickness that had been going around our house this weekend. But...on Tuesday afternoon on our way to the swimming pool, it hit! We made it to the lawn of the country club before he lost it. He spent the next 12 hours so sick! It was sad because he missed his last day of flag football camp and swimming with his cousins.
So today he felt better and was able to go to junior golf this morning. It was the putting and chipping lesson. They had a putting challenge that earned them a ticket if they made their putts. Ryan missed the previous four and got down to his last putt and sunk it. He was smiling so big and I was really happy for him. The ticket was exchanged for a big tangy taffy at the club house.
Ryan has never been the best at anything, we are usually cheering just for him trying.
Tonight he had his first flag football game. Last year he didn't have a clue about how to play the game. He always wanted to hike the ball. He wants to be a part of the action, yet not carry the ball and get chased down by the other kids. So tonight I was hoping he would branch out and want to run the ball. The first series guess what...he plays center. Okay I know everyone needs a turn. Next series that he is in he carried the ball and then he lined up to snap the ball again, I was thinking can't someone else do it? Well it was a trick play even for me. He snapped the ball and then ran to the end zone. The quarterback threw the ball right to him and he caught it! Touchdown! I couldn't believe he held on to it. Usually we are cheering if he catches one or two at practice.
So the game goes on and he is snapping the ball again. Same play he snaps it, runs to the end zone and the quarterback throws it to him. This time the ball bounces off his fingertips and he manages to grab it back in and scores another touchdown. I was so excited and so was he. So today was a good day for Ryan. He brings me joy in my life and I love being his mom even when he doesn't sink putts and score touchdowns. Way to go Ry.

6 comments:

Joanie said...

You crack me up. You are usually just cheering him on even though he's not doing much? Too funny. I'm glad he did some things worthy to be cheered about. Maybe he will decide he likes the attention and become a really good receiver. Sounds like he's on his way. Go Ryan!

Stefanie said...

Wow, if he makes it to the NFL remember us little people! We'll be up in Canada for the 4th. We'll definately have to meet you guys up in Jackson/Yellowstone sometime this year, baby arrives in August, so timing might be tricky...

gmcminn198 said...

Hey Ryan, great job. I wish that we could be there to watch you. I am glad that you are feeling better. The flu is the pits isn't it. Love G.Pa Mc.

Red Family Cast said...

When I get home I could have grandchildren beating me on the golf course! Way to go Ryan. You're not only a good putter but an awesome football player!!!!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Wow! Before you know it, Ryan will be better at golf than me...oh wait, he probably already is! Congrats on the TDs Ry guy!

Kristen Campbell said...

That sounds like so much fun! Wish we were there to see a few games.