Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jackson Hole

Last Weekend we got the opportunity to go to Jackson Hole. It is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to go and stay. We have been there several times in the last couple of years and there are still things that I am wanting to do and see there. This trip we took a boat that we are probably going to buy. We wanted to try it out before we purchased. We are excited to be boat owners and Jackson Lake was the perfect place to try it out. I have never been to such a beautiful place. Lake Powell is right up there on my list they are so different, but both so beautiful.
We went with our friends the Richards. They have 3 kids close to our kids ages so our kids each had their own friend. The water was so cold that even stepping out on the swim deck to get on the tube gave me frostbite. We did not get in the water, we just pulled the tube close and jumped on. Ryan was really trying to fall in and act crazy, but I am glad he didn't. We would have had to treat him for Hypothermia. As you can see from the pictures there was still a lot of snow in the mountains.


The Lake goes right up to the base of the tetons.


We put in at this marina on Colter Bay and then we rode up the lake for a few minutes and stopped for lunch at Leeks Marina. It was really yummy food and fun to drive the boat up for lunch. We did hit some pockets of rain and it was pretty cold driving in the boat for the first couple of hours. It did warm up in the afternoon. Here is a pic of the boat, the kids love it.


Austin Richards & Ryan. Notice Ryan trying to rock the tube from side to side.



The girls waiting patiently for their turn.




Halle Richards & Kaylee


Me & My girls. Taylor wasn't sure she wanted to go on the tube, but once we got out there and she saw how slow it was going she had a good time.


Stef, Jett, Kaylee, Me & Taylor


We were heading back to the Marina. Taylor was loving the ride. I took about 10 pictures of her and she was just posing and smiling. I thought I would delete the worst ones, but they were all so cute that I couldn't get rid of any of them.


Saturday Night we were joined by some more friends the Archibalds. Sunday morning we went for a little hike up a trail that I have wanted to try. It is really steep but short. It was a hot hot day and we were really sweating by the end. Taylor and Jett climbed up most of it themselves. Thank goodness, it gave us an excuse to go slow and we didn't have to carry them. The family picture at the top of our blog shows the view we had at the top overlooking the town of Jackson.


This parasiler(don't know if that is the correct term) went right over our heads. We could have almost touched him he was so close.

Yeah we made it. Lowell and Jett are still on their way up.
Here are all the kids. They all made it in one piece on the way up, but we had several slips and falls on the way down.

Kaylee smelling the sunflowers at the top.
It is so wonderful to have such great friends that are spur of the moment and ready for fun. We had a great trip.
PS. I am supposed to be at time out for Women this morning, but I am home instead taking care of my 2 sick girls. Jeff had to go to Lake Powell this weekend to launch the house boat. What terrible timing. Oh well, I at least got to go last night. It was awesome!

4 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Looks like so much fun! I do love Jackson as well. So sorry to hear that the girls are sick. Hope they get better soon.

Dan and Sara Sheets said...

beautiful pictures and the boating looks like so much fun! the family looks great!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

That's awesome that you guys are getting a boat! We can't wait to intrude on another McMinn family vacation (maybe next time at Lake Powell)! We miss you guys!

Brooke said...

That is a GREAT idea about doing the watches for the auction! I am glad you brought that to my attention, or I would never have thought of doing it. I know what you mean with the washcloths. I had to laugh when you wrote that:) I have heard of bumbles, and I personally know what a rip off they are considering I know how much I spent making my own. It looks like you had fun in Jackson. What a fun getaway.