Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Western Caribbean cruise

Here are the long awaited pictures from our cruise. Sorry there are quite a few pictures. It was a western Caribbean cruise on Carnival. Our ship was called the Freedom of the Seas. It is the largest cruise ship in the world. It was awesome to be on such a big ship, but the drawback was having so many people on board. On The few nice days that we had it was hard to find a lawn chair. It was also difficult to find a seat at the buffet. (yes we were not discouraged and we did frequent the buffet.) Janelle and I had an especially memorable snack run to the buffet at about 6:30pm. We were still in our workout clothes and no makeup, ect. People that were there for dinner were looking at us funny. We were starving though and couldn't wait until our 8:30 dinner time. This is the wave rider. We don't know this guy, he was just demonstrating how it worked. Jeff got to boogie board on it a few times and he thought it was really fun. The pictures didn't really turn out because it was dark.
This is the H2O zone. We thought our kids would have had fun there. But then we would have been stuck there and that didn't sound fun at all.

This is our welcome aboard photo. Yeah!


This was one of the formal nights.



Another formal night.


Labadee Haiti was our first stop. The weather wasn't great. Most of the day it was overcast and we had a few sprinkles. We decided to wait out the line for the tender boats in the hammocks.





The market in haiti. We didn't buy anything here.






This picture doesn't show it very well, but this is the zip line that we went down. It is the longest, tallest, zip line over water. The lines you see are almost to the landing zone. Up on the hill is the starting point. It was really fun and I am glad that we did it.



Jamaica
This was the third stop. This was my favorite day, I think. I would be sure, but we had cool rainy weather again. We were freezing in the water. We took a two hour bus ride to the falls and we got to see a lot of the coastline and hear the culture and history of Jamaica. we had a wonderful guide that made us laugh.




Here we are starting the falls hike, The guides wanted us to sit in the water and get wet, I wasn't quite ready yet!



This gives an idea of the amount of people going up the falls. Yes we climbed up the falls in the water. It was a cool hike. Our videographer (pictured in the yellow shirt) was a nut. He made us Yell "Ya Mon" and "No Problem" throughout the hike. He also had us kiss each other a lot and do group cheers. I really could have done without so much cheering. I also didn't love the water fight that he made us participate in.



We are soaked by this point and starting to shiver. I don't know where Craig and Janelle are in this picture. Hmm



This sign was on the side of the road as we were heading back to the ship. It is hard to read, but it said "strickly No Dumping"



Cozumel

Jeff in front of the Liberty




This is after our Scuba Dive excursion. We went with Rob and Janelle. It was so fun. It was a drift dive and I loved it. Oh and the weather was nice and hot this day. Too bad I couldn't work on my real tan at 80 feet below the surface.



One of the fun towel creations left in our room.
I also don't have pictures from our sting Ray snorkel on Grand Cayman, Janelle and I went with Glenn & Annette. Jeff and Rob were diving. It was a really great experience, especially once we stopped squeeling like 12 year old girls. It took us a while. Janelle even got a nice souvenir after she fed the sting ray a squid. This was also one of my favorite excursions. Cayman was a nice day too.
we also had a fun time before our cruise left in Miami. We went on an airboat tour through the everglades. I also got to hold an alligator. I have some pictures, but they didn't down load, and I am tired of blogging, so sorry, I am done. Boy this is rough.


14 comments:

Hillary said...

It looks like you guys had a blast. I'm so glad you were able to get away and enjoy some time together. You both look great!

Joanie said...

I'm jealous. I think that was the same cruise we went on our honeymoon. It was Royal Carribean, though. So fun. I especially loved all the food.

My email is poanster@yahoo.com. I must've typed it wrong or something. If that doesn't work, just leave your email on my blog. I'm interested in the tri and the half marathon in Poci.

The Eight Family said...

Tired of blogging - what's the alternative, taking care of Jeff and the kids?!!
Sounds and looks like you guys had a great time. Wish we could have been there.

MegT said...

Your six pack looks pretty good in those tan photos...and when did you cut the bangs? Your hair looks super cute. I should go on a cruise so I can get a new look too. Heck, I'd just settle for a vacation! :) Glad you had fun.

Rob and Ashley Seymour said...

Aren't cruises so great! We loved ours! Your hair is so cute in these pictures too!

Maja said...

Yeah I really got myself ready for the cruise, tan, bangs, pedicure, I even went for the bikini wax.

maynardmoments said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I also like the bangs...you are brave. I can't get myself to try them.

Janelle said...

Love your blog. I will just send my friends over to you since I don't have a blog and you did such a great job. When is the next vacation? I am just about ready!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

How insensitive to flaunt these pics in front of Kev and Stef! ;) Looks like you guys had a blast and I'm SO jealous! Is your next trip out to Omaha? I know it's a real vacation destination but I miss you!

Stefanie said...

I'm glad Christen is sensitive to our situation..just kidding! Looks like fun and we will make sure you guys go on lots of vacations with us in the future. You guys can always be counted on for a good excursion. Glad you guys had fun, and had fun people to go with.

Lisa Love said...

Maja, it looks like you guys had so much fun. I get nauseated so easily, do you think I could handle a cruise? I love your short hair - you look fantastic - spray tan and all! :)

lindy said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! You are cute as ever. We will miss you in Phoenix.

Jodee said...

Butt monster worked great. I think it would work well for the bath tub too! Saw your pictures from your cruise,... how great you two look! It must have been a blast, especially going this time of year, when the weather is cold.

Denna said...

Love the hair! Your cruise looked like so much fun. It was weird to look at those pictures then scroll down to the Island Park pics. You are the cutest umpa loopma I've ever seen, and the tallest. It's great to catch up with your fam!