Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cruise to the Bahamas













The end of September I had the chance to go on a cruise with some members of my family. It was a wonderful getaway from the everyday stresses of my life. We went to the Bahamas for 4 nights. Our trip started in Miami and then we stopped at Grand Bahama Island and the city of Freeport. Erica, Marcy, and I went on a Kayak adventure through a Mangrove. It was really fun. It started to rain about halfway through which felt really good at first and then it really came down. We were having a hard time seeing because it was coming so hard. We were soaked and cold by the end. We did get a little bit of time at the end to warm up in the ocean and play in the water. The water was such a pretty color of blue/green and so warm. The next day we docked at Nassau. This was a much more populated island with shopping, and fancy hotels. What a different culture. I got called pretty lady more times than I can count. Pretty lady, you take a moped ride with me, pretty lady you ride carriage, pretty lady you buy purse, shirt, dress, shoes, souvenirs, etc, etc, etc. The morning we were on Nassau I decided to swallow my fears and embark on a discover scuba diving adventure. I am halfway certified so I couldn't do the bigger dive trips. It was awesome!! we were diving by a reef and the water was so clear. there were so many pretty fish and colorful coral. I was put at ease by the dive master that they don't get sharks in the Bahamas at only 13 feet which is the deepest we went. He did say we might see some barracuda, I was glad that for my first trip I only saw cute fish. I was proud of myself that I did this alone without my buddy. The third day we spent on Great Stirrup Cay which is the private island of Norwegian cruise lines. We spent the entire day on the beach snorkeling, playing volleyball, taking a hike, eating(of course everything revolves around eating on a cruise), and just enjoying beautiful surf and sand. It may have been my favorite day besides the scuba diving.

5 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Apparently you'd be a "pretty lady" in Portugal too! hmm...Jeff should be on his guard!
Anyways, looks like you had a blast! You need to get fully certified and I'll be your diving buddy! The water is amazing over there, huh?! Looks like you had a blast; I love your hair!

Stefanie said...

That canoeing trip looked cool. I hope to be on a cruise with you sometime in the future! Your hair is really cute, I didn't know you cut it. I'm excited to see you in November!!! Your fall pics. turned out really cute, I don't even know how you get cute pics. of all three of your kids since I can't seem to get a cute pic. of just Ry!

Denna said...

That looks like so much fun! I've snorkeled before, but scuba diving would be incredible! You didn't even run into any hurricanes, that's great!

Kevin said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! The diving and snorkling sounded really fun. While in Honduras I saw a baracuda snorkling, they are pretty scary looking.