Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Eve

We had our annual Christmas eve party at Jeff's aunts house. It is really fun with lots of great food. Every year the kids also get to act out the Nativity scene. This year Ryan was Joseph, kaylee was an angel and Taylor was Mary. We also played a few fun group games and did a white elephant gift exchange. Before the party we did our own traditions. The kids opened up their Christmas Jammies, and a Christmas book. We also read the story of Christ's birth out of the bible and set up our nativity set. When we got home from the party we got on our Christmas jams and read our story and went to bed. This is our annual Christmas eve pic on the stairs. One of these days I will post the pictures from each year that we have done this. I think It will be 8 years in a row.









Tyler was a Donkey and Taylor(Mary) rode in on his back with the help of Ryan(Joseph)












4 comments:

MegT said...

Wow...I missed a lot of posts. You look so thin...nice work. Looks like your Christmas was great! Miss you guys

Huffstuff said...

what a fun tradition. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

gmcminn198 said...

Maja that really makes me homesick. What a cute Mary and Joseph. I didn't realize the stairs picture was a tradition. Is it with anyone else?
Happy New Year and hug your children from Grandpa Mc. Love Glenn

Myra said...

We did a stairs picture when I was growing up. : ) What a great idea to hide toys. I wonder if Kylie would notice? hmmm... Thanks for the comment. I actually have a ways to go to get to my pre pregnancy weight. My body just packs on the pounds. : ( Oh well, I will get there sooner or later. It looks like you had a great Christmas!