Monday, August 24, 2009

Nauvoo post 2

Once again pictures are in order from bottom to top, but it really doesn't matter. The next day we went to church with Glenn & Annette. It was a sacrament only ward since they have so many visitors. When we were done we walked up to the temple and took some pictures while we were in nice clothes. It was not the best time for pics because the sun was in our eyes, but we had fun and the flowers all around were so beautiful.
On Monday we went on a carriage ride with Glenn & Annette. We were so glad that they could sneak away from their work to go with us. That afternoon we went to Carthage jail to see where the prophet had been killed. I had been to the jail 2 times before so I was not that annoyed that Taylor was needing to be taken out. The church sites are really not the best for energetic 2 year olds. Ryan and Kaylee did great though and I think they learned a lot.
Ryan took this picture of us, not bad huh?
The kids in the kitchen under the jail. I cannot fathom being the jailers wife and having to have criminals eating at my table with my family. I am sure they were glad when they had Joseph, Hyrum, and other apostles at the dinner table. Can you imagine what a good influence they were on the family?

On the carriage ride. yes we are wrapped in blankets. It was a chilly morning. Nauvoo had record low temps for July. What a blessing for those involved with the pageant.






Our trusty horses pulling the carriage.


This begins the photo shoot by the temple.










4 comments:

Vicki said...

Looks like so much fun. I would love to do a family vacation to church history sites.

ps --totally off the subject... but I can't believe Jeff can really down so many Twinkies.... :) yuck! it is a good thing you weren't grossed out by it... the world definitely needs those cute kiddos of yours.

Lindy said...

It was fun to catch up with you the other day. You did not tell me you went to Nauvoo! Our neighbors were in the pageant. I hope all is well with Jeff. You have such cute kids they look so much like you miss ya! Lindy

The Eight Family said...

Totally brings back fun memories for me of Nauvoo.

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I really wish we could've met you guys down there but Doug was on-call. Maybe next year?